- Got my second COVID-19 vaccine today! First one was Astra Zeneca in three months ago in February, this second one was the Moderna one. Didn’t get side effects apart from the usual sore muscle in February, soon I’ll see what happens with this one!
- Saw a neurologist last week because my migraine symptoms have changed – they’re often in a new place now, and in February, I had the very first aura I’ve ever had. So far it’s the only time. We’re gonna try to bump up Propral (depends on whether I can handle without fainting because if affects blood pressure) to see if it helps. If not/not enough, we have a plan in place to try Aimovig, the biologic, starting in January. I have to keep a detailed migraine diary the rest of the year to make sure I qualify for Aimovig.
- So I’m cautiously optimistic because Aimovig, but it’s also it’s my last hope as it stands now – if a biologic doesn’t work, there’s nothing left to try and only maybe menopause can improve my migraines then.
- Having problems with Ferritin since last summer. Started taking iron in November by January the ferritin had got a little better, just about as much as could be expected for 2,5 months. But in April’s labs, no change from January 🙁 I’m so damn tired all the time, I’m starting to run out of patience with the shitty ferritin!
- Applying for disability retirement again, my doctor already sent it the doctor’s thingy (can’t remember the word…) needed and now KELA just needs an application from me. I filled it in online, but need to write up a txt file too because all my illnesses and their various effects were too much for the allocated number of characters allowed in their online forms. Gonna do that tomorrow or day after. I do love that this can all be done online – the last time I applied I had to download a pdf, fill it in and then either upload it via the message center along with an extra txt for the same reason or print them and send via snailmail. Now the application itself is fillable online too 😀
- Both my doctor and I think that I probably won’t get the disability retirement now either (they are too strict about it if you are unemployed when you become disabled; it’s an acknowledged problem due to prejudices about unemployed people) but that it helps to build a history about doctors -thingies- showing you are unable to work and applications even if they are rejected. Black on white, medical history and history showing you’ve haven’t improved even with rehabilitation etc. so at some point it’ll get accepted, even if it takes years and years.
- The 300 days of long term sick leaves will run out at the end of June; if I don’t get disability I’ll have to return to unemployment benefits which is really stupid because in reality I’m not able to work, and that means only extra work for the unemployment agency and more stress for me :_( But there’s no other place for people who run out of long term sick leave and don’t get disability 🙁
Got my first COVID-19 vaccination today, 10 hours ago. It’s the AstraZeneca one. So far so good, with no discernible side effects! I do have a rather unpleasant headache, but it’s totally within my normal range in every way so I’m unable to say for sure whether it’s caused in part or full by the vaccine because I normally have migraine or a headache every day anyway.
Pic from pixabay because it’s pretty and we’re still having snow 😀
EDIT February 18, 2021: during the night, the upper arm muscle I was the vaccinated to, started to ache just like with other vaccinations I have had. Still no other side effects as far as I can tell… Headache is better today and still totally within my normal, so still can’t say if it’s just my normal, or caused by the vaccine in half or full. I leaning towards my normal!
- Have been on long sick leave again since beginning of July, due to migraine and Crohn’s Disease issues
- I had a colonoscopy today. My Crohn’s Disease symptoms remain restless for the 9th month now despite increases in medication and a course of a new one, so we wanted to see what’s going on with the bowel. It looked good, the Doctor said, but need to wait for the results of biopsies for final word. Currently, barring something surprising in the biopsies, there’s no cause to start biologics or change main medication. I might benefit from a IBD speciliased dietician’s help, so I’ll see one as soon as they can make it happen. Also should try taking a supporting medication at a different time of day, at a different dosage. And lastly to talk to my doctor who oversees my Diabetes treatment about finding something other than Metforem – apparently that’s a bad one to use on IBD patients (and I’ve noticed that it can have some stomach issues in the mornings) and that there are newer tablet format medications to try. Used laughing gas for the first time during the colonoscopy as sedation, and it went well 😀 I’m much feeling much better than with the previous sedation used, have much more energy and pretty much feel like normal. Good thing also is when laughing gas is used, is that one doesn’t have to stay for observation for a couple of hours after, or have somebody come pick me up and stay the rest of the day and night with them. So thumbs up all the way! 😀
- Having a third day of unstopping migraine attack. Went to the ER because of it on Sunday evening, worried and scared because of the need to do the awful bowel prep on Monday, and wouldn’t have been able to do it as I was – physically feeling ill and weak, and also strong likelyhood of throwing up the required prep drinks (2 litres of Moviprep + 3-5 litres of additional clear liquids of my choice) which would make for a failed colonoscopy. The ER staff were all very understanding about the issue and managed to get me down to where I could do the prep alright. It went pretty easy actually this time, except for the constant pressure in my had. Although in the last 3 hours or so of the prep the migraine changed from awful pressure in my head to a typical hard headache on temples/forehead. Managed to then get that down early this morning when I finished the prep, and now just waiting to see what it will do. It’s just on the cusp of going bad again or subsiding. Hopefully it subsides! *fingers and toes crossed*
- Have been so terribly tired the last week and then the three day migraine – I really hope things are looking up now! I could use a change of pace.
- Haven’t been much looking at my sites because of all that in the last week updates wise, but I did change to a new host, last week I think it was. Everything seems to be okay on that front 😀
Saw my doctor yesterday, and she wrote me sick leave for three months 😀 Whether KELA will approve it or not, that’s a whole another thing but at last I don’t have to worry about for three months that the unemployment office will try to force me to do something I can’t do without making my health worse. And I also got answers to my other questions and a few minor worries, and first step onwards about getting my eyes examined as required by having Type 2 Diabetes and the occasional weirdness that been going on with my eyes. That’s all good! 😄
I’ve been loving the weather the past four days ☺️ It’s been all lovely cool, cloudy and rainy! Feels marvelous 🥰 (I’m serious, btw – this is not sarcasm).
Fountain Pen Stuff
I’m getting impatient, waiting for my Tomoe River paper order to arrive from Japan – estimated arrival time was June 26, but no sign of it and Amazon says sorry for delay. It’s been a little over a month on the way, and I know COVID-19 slows things down… but I wanna make booklets, lots of booklets! I promised to make one for my Mom so she can use the Pilot Metropolitan fountain pen I gave her, but I can’t until I get the paper 🤦
I got my order from https://www.penstore.fi today ✨ I ordered three Pilot Iroshizuku 15ml ink bottles – Tsutsuji, Momiji and Kon-Peki. I love the little glass bottles 😍 Kon-Peki is the first blue fountain pen ink that I enjoy – all the others I’ve tries have been so boring! Only problem is… now I have to wait until I’ve used up one of my four currently inked fountain pens… and then the problem will be… which one of the three new inks shall I choose next??
It’s the third heat wave week here, and I’ve been dealing with it better than ever before (even than when I was healthy!) this year – last night was the first night I felt like the heat didn’t dissipate inside after sundown. And so it was too hot to sleep – I was able to lay down only for about 4 hours, and I do think I dozed off but none of it was proper sleep. So now I’m feeling like a zombie. Good news is that Sunday should be the last truly hot day, Monday should be warm and then onwards as far as the prediction goes, 20 degrees Celcius or below, which these days to me is cool. I can’t wait! 😀 *dances happily*