- Have been on long sick leave again since beginning of July, due to migraine and Crohn’s Disease issues
- I had a colonoscopy today. My Crohn’s Disease symptoms remain restless for the 9th month now despite increases in medication and a course of a new one, so we wanted to see what’s going on with the bowel. It looked good, the Doctor said, but need to wait for the results of biopsies for final word. Currently, barring something surprising in the biopsies, there’s no cause to start biologics or change main medication. I might benefit from a IBD speciliased dietician’s help, so I’ll see one as soon as they can make it happen. Also should try taking a supporting medication at a different time of day, at a different dosage. And lastly to talk to my doctor who oversees my Diabetes treatment about finding something other than Metforem – apparently that’s a bad one to use on IBD patients (and I’ve noticed that it can have some stomach issues in the mornings) and that there are newer tablet format medications to try. Used laughing gas for the first time during the colonoscopy as sedation, and it went well 😀 I’m much feeling much better than with the previous sedation used, have much more energy and pretty much feel like normal. Good thing also is when laughing gas is used, is that one doesn’t have to stay for observation for a couple of hours after, or have somebody come pick me up and stay the rest of the day and night with them. So thumbs up all the way! 😀
- Having a third day of unstopping migraine attack. Went to the ER because of it on Sunday evening, worried and scared because of the need to do the awful bowel prep on Monday, and wouldn’t have been able to do it as I was – physically feeling ill and weak, and also strong likelyhood of throwing up the required prep drinks (2 litres of Moviprep + 3-5 litres of additional clear liquids of my choice) which would make for a failed colonoscopy. The ER staff were all very understanding about the issue and managed to get me down to where I could do the prep alright. It went pretty easy actually this time, except for the constant pressure in my had. Although in the last 3 hours or so of the prep the migraine changed from awful pressure in my head to a typical hard headache on temples/forehead. Managed to then get that down early this morning when I finished the prep, and now just waiting to see what it will do. It’s just on the cusp of going bad again or subsiding. Hopefully it subsides! *fingers and toes crossed*
- Have been so terribly tired the last week and then the three day migraine – I really hope things are looking up now! I could use a change of pace.
- Haven’t been much looking at my sites because of all that in the last week updates wise, but I did change to a new host, last week I think it was. Everything seems to be okay on that front 😀
We’ve finished the transfer of star-trek.info to the new owner Bizarra, and I’m so happy 🥰
I also feel really, really weird, looking at my WHM and seeing only 7 accounts there! And all small ones at that!!! My biggest site is now https://www.jeri-ryan.net which is just over 16GB, and second biggest is https://www.spaceaboveandbeyond.org with its 15GB and that’s so small compared to my other big sites – Rachel Weisz, The Vampire Diaries, Star Trek, Xena which were all at least a 100GB, and the Star Trek one a lot more besides. The two are now by and large the biggest sites I have – the others vary from 160MB to 4GB and that just tiny! 😍
It feels totally odd not to have to huge sites weighing on me! Now that I don’t have any anymore, I realize it truly was a weight on my shoulders.
Just a quick note that I found a new owner for star-trek.info and we are in the process of switching everything over.
I’m so happy I don’t have to delete the site! 😀
It’s happened what I’ve been low key worried about for years – the current developers of eFiction have put the whole project and website up for adoption. If someone doesn’t take over the whole project, the entire project will be gone forever starting New Year.
I’m keeping my fingers crossed somebody takes it over but I’m not counting on it – all the other fanfic archive software projects have died 🙁 except for AO3.
Good thing I started the process over moving my two Oded Fehr fanfic archives over to AO3 at the start of this year, even though it’s been delayed by COVID-19. Guess I should contact them about it to see when I can start importing stories.
I’m closing down https://www.star-trek.info when the domain expires on August 11, 2020.
More details here: https://www.star-trek.info/2020/06/01/closing-site/
Xenacentral.net domain will expire sometime on Friday – that’s day after tomorrow! Can’t believe it. I’m both feeling a kind of terror, as well as terribly excited! Terror because I’ve had the site for something like 16 years, I think, in one form of another. I love the series as much as ever, and still follow Lucy Lawless’s career so whenever I see her in something new, I get the urge to watch some Xena again, and when I do that I want the site to exist. The cons just started to outweigh the pros.
I wonder if there’ll ever be a Xena release in HD, on Bluray. I will cap it from Bluray if there ever is one. I very much wish there will be!
Just a friendly reminder that Xena Central will shut down on February 28th when the domain expires – so there’s only about 1,5 weeks left to download everything you want off the site!
So, appears my host is having some sort of problems. Their client area(s) have been showing a database error and a maintenance error at least for about a week now, meaning I can’t pay my February bill. Also haven’t gotten the e-mail that there is February bill waiting to be paid, or the usual reminders before the due date (today). So. The other hostees have the same problems. I don’t know what’s going on, and they aren’t communicating. I DM’d them on Twitter a couple of days ago, but no reply.
If my sites disappear/go offline/whatever unexpectedly, it’ll probably be related to this. I hope I won’t need to find a new host because honestly, I’m not sure I’d resurrect any other sites than this one (https://www.so-obsessed.com) and Jeri Ryan. Fingers crossed!!!!
If the worst happens and my sites disappear and I need to find a new host, I’ll be posting status updates to my DW https://intothisshadow.dreamwidth.org and my Tumblr https://intothisshadow.tumblr.com as well as my Pillowfort https://www.pillowfort.social/intothisshadow Be sure to bookmark at least one of these in case you need it later. DW is probably the easiest to find the newest site news post – I can make a sticky post there which will be always the first.
My host has been having some problems recently, but nothing that affected me until now.
I’m closing my Xena site https://www.xenacentral.net down when the domain expires on February 28, 2020.
Read the full announcement at https://www.xenacentral.net/2019/12/16/closing-site-in-february-2020/