Answers to today’s questions at thefridayfive@DW
1. What’s your favorite fruit or vegetable to look at?
I don’t have a favorite of those to look at…. but I love beautifully staged photographs of fresh strawberries! Always makes want to have some!
2. What’s your favorite juice?
Freshly squeezed orange juice.
3. What fruit tree would you like to have in your yard?
None really because it’d produce too much fruit for me to use them all, and make for work. My Mom has one apple tree (she’s always eaten lots of apples, so when she moved somewhere with a backyard where she could plant an apple tree, she immediately got one) and it makes so much fruit that in addition to giving me lots of apples, her and her SO eating lots and lots of them just as-is, making dozens of pies with them, she also has to make jam just to use them all up! I’m grateful – her apple jam is by far the best jam I’ve ever tasted and has put me off all the store bought jams now, but having a fruit tree is an awful lot of work IMO and I don’t care for fruit anywhere close enough to want to do that.
4. What vegetable name do you think makes the best nickname?
In English – pumpkin. In Finnish – none. The Finnish words aren’t nicknamey to me.
5. What fruits and vegetables would your personal “fruit hat” contain?
Apple, pineapple, orange, banana, grapes, strawberries