Been wanting to do some of these “look on 2021” memes but didn’t feel up to it until today… here’s a fandom one!
1. Your main fandom of the year?
Game Of Thrones, the Sandor Clegane corner of it. Mostly Sandor Clegane/Sansa Stark. This applies to both reading fic and making wallpapers.
2. Your favourite film you watched this year?
Didn’t have a favorite and my memory is really bad, only remember Predestination with Ethan Hawk from 2014 impressing me this year, but I had seen it before even though I didn’t remember that right away. And propably there were one or two others that also impressed me, but it’s been too long since I saw them and so don’t remember anymore. I really should start keep a list!
3. Your favourite book read this year?
Vedenpaisumuksen lapset by Risto Isomäki. It’s speculative fiction about life after end of the world caused by ecological catastrophies and global warming. It’s an independent continuation of his 2005 award winning novel Sarasvatin hiekkaa which was translated into English in 2013 according to Wikipedia. Sarasvatin hiekkaa is one of the best novels I’ve ever read.
4. Your favourite album or song to listen to this year?
November by Max Richter along with the rest of his The Leftovers soundtrack, and The Last Of The Mohicans soundtrack.
5. Your favourite TV show of the year?
The Expanse, hands down, no competition.
6. Your best new fandom discovery of the year?
I didn’t discover anything new fandom wise this year, just continued using, reading, admiring and consuming the same as in 2020.
7. Your biggest fandom disappointment of the year?
That fandom still hasn’t returned to LJ/DW/forums, or alternately something better than Tumblr/Twitter hasn’t been created.
8. Your fandom boyfriend of the year?
9. Your fandom girlfriend of the year?
10. Your biggest squee moment of the year?
Nothing comes to mind, it was very steady going, no big highs or lows.
11. The most missed of your old fandoms?
Xena Warrior Princess! It was so lovely and active on Livejournal, I miss it probably the most of all the fandoms I was involved in on there. I also miss the Oded Fehr fandom when it was in it’s heyday and there were many fansites and lots of new fanfic coming out.