1. We’re halfway through the year (give or take a few days). What are you looking forward to in the coming months?
Autumn! I already so done with summer.
2. What do you want to remember about today? What would you like to forget?
The day I write this, which is not the day I’ll post this… Nothing. Today has been an exceedingly ordinary day. Nothing much has happened, and certainly nothing out of the very ordinary; this is one of those days that I won’t be able tell apart from other days just like it afterwards. Which is actually how I prefer it because that means my pain levels and Crohn’s symptoms have been pretty good and stable. Most often, “out of the ordinary” for me, means pain these days.
3. If you could wish for one thing to happen tomorrow, what would that be?
That I will have a good head day! Because that will determine so much of how my day goes.
4. What colours are you wearing?
I’m wearing a beach dress in white, blue and turquoise. But mostly blue.
5. What is a political issue that interests you?
Poverty, unemployment, chronic illness, social and economic justice.
6. Do you still carry cash on you/use cash on a regular basis?
I usually have some cash in my purse, particularly coins. But I don’t use cash much, maybe once a month. Mostly I have it as backup in case bus passes aren’t working so I can get home by paying cash is necessary.
7. Messy or neat?
More on the messy side, but much neater than I used to be when I was younger. When it comes to papers, I always know what’s where even though it looks like a mess.
8. Do you still get crushes on celebrities?
Kind of? I crush on some particular character of an actor, get curious about the actor’s other work and then become their fan and follow their work. But I’m not that interested in their personal lives, and I don’t dream about meeting them or such.
9. Have you ever read a book, or watched show or movie, that made you cheer more for the antagonist rather than the protagonist?
Yes! I don’t remember what they were, but yes.
10. What is your favourite thing to do on a Sunday morning?
Sleep. Sunday mornings are for sleeping, ideally. Especially back when I was working.
11. What are some of your favourite ways to cool down or keep cool on hot summer days?
Favorite = most effective: A real, proper air conditioning indoors that can be set to whatever cool/normal temperature I want.
Realistic = sitting in front of my fan, eating ice pops, wiping my limbs down with cool water.
12. What’s the craziest thing you’ve done for love?
I’ve never been in love, so nothing. Unless you count my Mom’s Beagle, in which case is trampling after her through the woods for many kilometers because I’m letting her follow her nose freely 😀
13. When was the last time you had an inspiring conversation? Who was it with?
As I write this, Monday the 13th was the date. With my Mom’s oldest and best friend.
14. If you didn’t have any responsibilities for the day, what would you do?
I rarely have any responsibilities that prevent me from doing whatever I want.
15. What was the last fruit you ate?
16. If sacrificing your own life would save the lives of a specific number of strangers, how many strangers would need to be saved for you to sacrifice your own life? What if the people were friends? How about family?
Friend’s and family – 1 person. Strangers – umm, maybe 5?